Tuesday 7 June 2011

What's with the rhymes?

I've been reading some blogs
and they all seem to rhyme,
everyone seems to be more creative than me
all of the time.

I tell myself I'm a programmer
I'm not a poet.
But maybe I have an inner odist
and I just don't know it.

I had a tough day at work today
but I hit my deadline.
If I could just make it to football,
the evening would turn out just fine.

Football? I hear you ponder,
is that proper Juneathon activity?
Why not just go for a run,
get to mile two, or maybe three.

Football is harder than you might think,
5-a-side is my game.
Its short, fast and frentic paced,
running just isn't the same.

OK, I hear you concur,
it definitely counts for Juneathon.
Did you score, did you win?
I suppose its ok, if you had fun.

I didn't score, but we did win.
its been a while
since my face has seen this grin.

We also got some free drinks.
Free drinks? I hear you cry
Start of a new season, they said
why not stop by

As this poem comes to an end
I was wondering if I should get a new job.
I could do this for a living,
the evidence is in the blog.

But really programming is where my talent lies,
I couldn't do this all day.
I think I should finish this blog soon,
I'm not really any good at this rhyming stuff anyway.

But by doing this, I feel included,
part of the group.
And now my poem has gone full circle,
one dodgy, badly rhymed loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment