Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sink or swim

Tonight was the key night in my efforts to train for the Great East Swim on Saturday. 60 lengths in the pool and now less. Would tonight show that my training is going well and I'm ready for the swim or would it fail big time and I'd end up drowning in the middle of Alton Water.


The good news is that 60 lengths came quicker than I expected and I even added two more lengths on the end in case I miss-counted (which is quite likely). I don't see myself as particularly stupid but counting the number of lengths I've completed in a pool seems to be a skill I wasn't born with.
Apart from the counting fail, the good news is that I won't be drowning on Saturday and now I can move onto thinking about what time I'll finish the swim in. I think about 45 minutes will be a good time to do, but for my first attempt, just finishing will be an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment