Sunday 12 June 2011

It had to happen sometime...

There comes a time in every runners "career" that this will happen. I was hoping this wouldn't happen to me yet but today it happened. I went running in the rain.

After my bad time swimming yesterday, I felt like I needed to make up for it today with my running. I was looking forward to this because I could expel some demons and try out my new GPS watch.
While not being the easiest watch to configure (I even had to read the owner's manual!) it was a breeze to use once it was setup. My watch was ready for the run, my mind was ready but unfortuneatly the weather wasn't ready to let me enjoy it. I opened the front door to torrential rain, black clouds and generally unwelcoming streets. I almost delayed the run to see if the rain stopped, but I knew that if I did that, I would delay it until tomorrow so after a quick change into a long sleeve top, I set out on what was my virgin rain run.

With the rain beating down and my watch GPS-ing, it took longer than usual to settle into a rhytm. I can usually settle into a rythm after about 1.5 miles but today took 3 miles to really relax. 3 miles! I only planned to do 4 miles so it was a tough one, but one I was quite proud of. It was quite pacy too with a short sprint to finish the run.

One of the good things about my new watch (yes, I will be mentioning my watch plenty of times over the next week as I use all of the features and I make no apologies :) ) is that I will upload the results to the Garmin Connect website and allow me to embed those in some sort of blog or website, such as this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment