Friday 10 June 2011

I'm soooooo hungover

I had some leaving drinks last night, which meant today was full of junk food and a general queasy feeling. I knew today would be a tough day to continue Juneathon so I managed to complete a quick mile run when I got home from work without throwing up and that's good enough for me. I really don't like running when I have a hangover, it just makes me feel really icky and sweating that much when I'm already dehydrated surely can't be good for you.

Now that I'm unemployeed for the next two weeks, this is where Juneathon can really kick in. With time to train properly, I can make quite an improvement in my fitness, all in time for Tough Guy in July. One thing that will help is the GPS watch that my old colleagues got me as a leaving present. I do love looking at various metrics so all the new metrics I can look at about my running will be like a little geeky dream. This geeky dream also comes with a big thanks to any old colleagues who read this blog.

I'm off to Ipswich for the Great East Swim tomorrow. This is going to be a unique challenge that I've never done before, so I'm really looking forward to that and hopefully I'll have a few pictures to show for it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment