Monday 6 June 2011

Nobody cares about technicalities, right?

Yesterday was the day that I technically failed the Juneathon but on the flip side it was the day that I showed motivation and determination to stay in and do well. How can you do both I hear you cry. Well, the bad part about yesterday was that I didn't find time to write this blog entry. I've missed the 24 hour deadline by an hour so that's where the technicality exists. Have I failed or should I just try harder in future? I think I'll just try harder in future.

As for my exercise yesterday, I was in the pool at 6:30am for a (planned) 40 length swim before work. Whether it was my hard 10K run the day before or the sudden change in weather (which can aggrevate my asthma) but I really struggled to complete my swim. This is probably one of those moments when your body is screaming at you to say "stop exercising, just rest for a day!" but I pushed through, finished 20 lenghts and left the pool with my tail between my legs.

I think I might take it as a lesson not to push too hard day after day during Juneathon, so treating yesterday as my rest day, Juneathon is back on today with football tonight. I'll try to blog on time from now on too

No comments:

Post a Comment