Sunday 5 June 2011

Bluewater 10K - 52:47

Today was the day of my first 10K and as I look back, I think it went pretty well. It was more of a fun run with a trainer to warm us up and people on stilts, but it didn't take anything away from the fact that we all had to run 10K.

I ran with my mate Iain, so we made a deal that we'd run together for the first kilometre and go our own ways once we were up the first hill. Once up the first hill, we parted ways and I kicked the pace up a notch to try and get home in my target time of 50 minutes. I made it to 5K in about 24 minutes, so I was well on target until I got to the second half of the course. Undulating is not a strong enough word to descibe how hilly this course was, so I've marked it out with the elevation included.

My time was knocked back a bit with the hills, but I'm really quite happy with my time. I want to do a flat 10K now, just to see if taking the hills out of the equation means I can hit my target time. The dream is hitting my target time with the hills, but thats a little way off at the moment.

2 comments: